Friday, January 16, 2009

on testimony

"The gaining of a strong and secure testimony is the privilege and opportunity of every individual member of the Church. Service in behalf of others, study, and prayer lead to faith in this work and then to a knowledge of it's truth. This has always been a personal pursuit, as it must always be in the future."

President Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. I was writing in my journal with many thoughts about what's going on in the world. As a result of much contemplation, my heart turned to the enduring love and concern of the Savior for mankind. And in that solemn thought, this words came to me like a song, a psalm of hope for my soul. I wanted to share this with you. This psalm is a result of my soul’s rejoicing - in Christ I hope and of Him, I hope for. In a very personal way, perhaps my way of declaring my testimony

    The Lord is my fortress and His arm is my deliverance.
    Though the world would sink in despair, I shall vanquish fear
    For I know in whom I trust, the Lord God,
    Source of all courage, source of my true strength.
    In Him I trust and in Him I hope for
    The Lord Omnipotent shall watch me evermore.

    O be still my soul, rejoice amidst the chaos in this world
    For there is peace in righteousness and order in Zion.
    Stand in holy places; never deviate from the course
    The God whom you call your Father shall cause
    All the heavens to open at the time you’ll need ‘em most
    Cast your doubt, your fear; for in God, hope is not lost.


    It helps calm my spirit tonight. God bless everyone. And goodnight or good day wherever you are.

    Thanks Sophia for all you do; your service of bringing the sisters' thoughts and feelings together is a source of strength.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete