Sunday, August 29, 2010

A big event!

About thirty years ago, I met a friend, who would influence my life for eternity. Susan, ten years older than I, had it all together, in my opinion. Mother of a growing family family, she kept a perfect home, had beautiful, intelligent and faithful children, was a fantastic entertainer, was musical and had a strong and exemplary testimony of Christ, of which she was never afraid or timid to share. To Susan, there was right and there was wrong. She always chooses the right. Period.

At the time that we met, we'd moved back east to live for two years. During that two years, she taught me much about mothering, homemaking, friendship. I cherished every moment spent together. When it was time for us to return home to Utah, I brought her with me in my heart and mind. For years, we kept the phone companies in business. This was back before free long-distance, when it cost an arm and a leg for a five minute phone call, let alone an hour! Many times, our husbands referred to us as "kindred spirits"...sometimes, probably not appreciating that connection while paying the phone bills!

Today, Susan is a grandmother with beautiful grown daughters and a son, who are following in her and her wonderful husband, Robert's, footsteps. I've been so impressed by the accomplishments of her adult children. Susan's daughter, Jocelyn, who was at the beginnings of a successful journalism career in Washington, DC and is now a full-time mom, who just blows me away with her own version of AMAZING!! Recently, Jocelyn shared the details of one of her latest projects and I get to be a part of it. Now, I share them with you...


You Are Invited to a Family Proclamation Celebration...
What: A month-long blog party celebrating The Family Proclamation - with link-up parties, guest posts galore, and lots of giveaways
When: September 2010
Where: "We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice In Christ" and "Chocolate On My Cranium" and all across the blogosphere!
Why: Because we love The Family Proclamation and want to encourage you to share it, to live it, and to teach it to your family. Also because it has been around for 15 years now!

I hope that you'll find the next month of blog reading uplifting, motivating and inspirational! Feel free to share your thoughts on your own personal discoveries here. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! What a great write-up and tribute to my mother...you are spot on! And she LOVES you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm crying here...I thought I had lost you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susi is a special person, she got me started blogging. I'm her former sis-in-law and friend. I live in St. George-check out my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete