Monday, August 16, 2010

a new beginning

This blog began as a request of two Relief Society presidencies past to keep the sisters in our ward in touch. Through the two changing presidencies and a division and realignment of our ward and stake, the blog was no more. However, I've felt this strong impression to continue the blog as my own, since I owned the name and site to begin with. So, I've removed all of the Relief Society announcements of the past and left a few of the thoughts that were really worth taking time to read. It's time to begin again.

I have a cooking blog and have written a daily blog on Typepad since August of 2005. I've kept that blog open to the public and have had as many as 1100 readers in a day at times. I've tried to be open book about my life on the blog, but often, there's been topics that might leave a non-LDS reader wondering what in the world I'm talking about. Not wanting to leave friends in the dark when talking about things like Visiting Teaching, stake boundaries, missionary homecomings and temple sealings... I've offered simple explanations and as a result, often receive interesting email from readers who know that they can ask me anything about the LDS Church and that I'll be happy to give the best answer I can. I have actually developed some pretty special cyber-friendships because of this.

Over the past few months, I've felt impressed to begin writing a blog that says a little more than my daily to-do lists, recipes and movie/book reviews and sentiments about parenting and marriage and life in general. This blog will be more focused on the experiences in my life that strengthen me as a daughter of God, as a wife and mother, as a teacher of the gospel. Hopefully, it will be a strength to others, as well. I won't write daily, I'm sure. My crazy life keeps me running in so many directions that I often am not sure which is up. However, as we all do, occasionally, we have experiences., or even simple thoughts, that "ground" us and remind us of who we are, why we are here and where we are going. That's what I want to write on this blog. Who knows where it will take me? So, stay tuned and be patient as I begin this new journey. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment