Sunday, December 28, 2008

Angels among Us



On the morning after Christmas, I was moved to tears as I walked down the street from my mother's home. At the intersection in front of Bryson's home, I could see three different tractors/snowplows in action. Craig Bryson stopped in front of Mom's to snowblow her walks when a stranger, to me, pulled over in his pick-up and offered Craig a hand in unloading the snowblower from his pick-up truck. No sooner that I got home, Scott Downs pulled up in his tractor to dig us out. Jeff Bair was out plowing the neighbors on their street. Ruth Williams shared that they discovered a wonderful welcome after their unplanned sleepover with family on Christmas night, due to the storm... Mike Weber had cleared their driveway for them. Many others were out doing good works after the storm. Travis Porter experienced the same welcome! Most everyone was blessed by the kindnesses shown. Was it simply the holiday spirit? Doubtful! What a tremendous blessing to live in a ward where we truly are "our brother's keepers". Enough said!

1 comment:

  1. I love how we don't have to look very far for help. That is what makes a family so special is the willingness to serve one another.

    ReplyDelete