Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Family Proclamation

This was the best Christmas gift that I 've ever found for both Doug's and my mom. (You can click on the photo for a closer look.) I created these large family collages for both Mom's a few years ago. They both cherish them and hung them in prominent places in their home! It was a little more work than I’d anticipated (just trying to make sure that each family member got equal attention on the mat), but it was worth the effort! It truly is a Family Proclamation!

HOW TO: I purchased these 16x20" frames with wide mats from Michaels during one of their big sales. Collect photos from all of the family. (This was the hardest part of the project!) Crop photos and attach them to the top of the mat using photo adhesive or double sided tape. I mounted a wedding photo of Doug’s parents that I'd printed on vellum over top of a free copy of the LDS Family Proclamation (picked up at the LDS Distribution Center). Place this in the center and voila! A most memorable and appreciated gift for Grandmas who have everything!

I remember that as I completed this project, I, literally began to cry. Doug’s dad was killed in a car accident in December of 1972 when Doug was a senior in high school. I'd never had the opportunity to meet him. Creating something so deeply related to him, this photo collage of his posterity made me feel a strong closeness to him. I love my testimony and knowledge of the Plan of Happiness and the gift of eternal families!


1 comment:

  1. This would be an awesome gift! Thanks for showing how you made it!!

    ReplyDelete